Home / Forums / Talkin’ City / Maine Board / 4 games in, thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • kinky
    Participant
    #6983 |

after 4 games we’ve got results as well as I expected without really breaking into any sort of rhythm bar the second half of the weekend game against ‘pool after they, unluckily but rightly, went down to 10 men.

Of the new signings probably been most impressed with Danilo who on early showing for me looks defensively  sound and is a good option going forward. Mendy had a decent first game going forward but defensively looks a bit suspect but it’s early days in a new team and league, Walker is Walker, covers loads of ground can get caught out of position but with blistering pace can recover.  Haven’t seen enough of Silva but his cameo’s so far have been very encouraging, can’t wait to see him get a good run of games.

Concerns for me are still defensive midfield, still think we need a true sitter in the De Jong mould in there, I like Fernandinho but he really needs someone sitting there with him and I don’t think KDB is best suited to it, for me we need to get him into the forward zones as his passes and crossing just cause havoc in opposing defenses.  Still think we need another CB as Kompany is injured again and Otamendi was exposed at the weekend, though for me Stones has looked pretty sound when he’s played, still the odd error but he looks far more composed and focused when he’s played.

Anyone else out there with any thoughts?

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  kinky.
    zacczacc
    Participant
    #7154 |

Game v Feyenoord   showed the team is finally becoming the Guardiola team.

Bernado Silva & Mendy looking more comfortable in the team. Stones looked much better more assured, having Ederson as goalie I think helps.

I like the way Guardiola has got competition among the players for places so we have the likes of Sane coming on as a sub!! He likes his players hungry to play which can only be good.

Defense needs tweeking but while we have the sublime attacking game will result in more goals scored than conceded. 😉

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by zacc zacc.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by zacc zacc.

ooh la la!!

BeverleyBlueBeverleyBlue
    Participant
    #7434 |

Looking pretty good 6 games in! Scope for improvement and Chelsea match should help gauge progress. Can’t see us winning 5-0 there though 😊

kinky
    Participant
    #7473 |

can’t wait for this weekends game, 2 games after posting KDB should be further forward I’m looking like a bit of a plum
    Think Mendy missing the Chelsea game could be a bit of a blessing in disguise as defensively we’ll probably be more solid.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  kinky.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.